Jaylo, new member of the United Nations Global Compact
Since this April, Jaylo has been part of the United Nations Global Compact, an initiative created by Kofi Annan in which companies and organizations can commit to align their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in four thematic areas: human rights, labor standards, environment and anti-corruption.
Alongside these ten principles, in 2015 the United Nations General Assembly adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: a plan of action for people, planet, prosperity and universal peace. It has 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 concrete targets to be developed with a 2030 horizon.
How do we integrate the SDGs into Jaylo's business strategy? ?
Integrating the SDGs is a key process to move towards a sustainable and equitable future. It requires a holistic approach involving all stakeholders and a continuous dedication to improvement and innovation.
Goals 1, 2 and 10
- Contamos con diferentes políticas y comités de empresa registrados especializados en temas de igualdad, seguridad y salud alimentaria, y derechos de los trabajadores.
- Desarrollamos trabajos inclusivos para favorecer a las pequeñas y medianas empresas locales.
- Aplicamos principios de corrupción y soborno cero.
- Fomentamos el empleo joven y mejoras en las condiciones laborales.
- Ofrecemos servicios internacionales de transporte humanitario de productos de primera necesidad, en cooperación con organizaciones y asociaciones de obra social.
Goals 3, 4, 5, 9, 16 and 17
- At Jaylo we have certified and updated Health and Safety Management Systems.
- We have corporate policies and supplier approval policies in order to reduce the risk of accidents throughout the supply chain.
- We provide regular training to all workers.
- We promote a healthy lifestyle among our workers by providing means and equipment that promote leisure and physical exercise.
- We are official sponsors of CA Osasuna, CD Tudelano, CC Urbasa and other local sports clubs.
- We implement certified hygiene protocols and good practices in all services provided.
Goals 6, 7, 11, 12 and 13
- Energy efficiency: 86% of our energy consumed in our facilities comes from 100% renewable sources.
- 98% of our logistics operations have been carried out without generating greenhouse gas emissions.
- We have plans in place to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions from transportation services
- 60% of our company cars are 100% electric or plug-in hybrids.
- Facilities with access to drinking, fresh, quality water with no litter or plastic waste.
Goals 8 and 9
- Exponential financial growth over the last 3 years.
- Fleet consisting of 137 motor vehicles with an average age of 3.6 years, of which 90.5% have EURO VI classification engines.
- 173 approved semi-trailer-type vehicles with an average age of 4.2 years.
- 97.4% of business processes and activities digitized
Goals 14 and 15
- We implement Environmental Management Systems that prevent and minimize the impact of the company's activities on ecosystems and biodiversity.
- We apply responsible good practices during transportation services to avoid the loss of plastics or spills that cause pollution of oceans and seas.
- We are gradually decreasing the use of fossil fuels in the company's operations, and replacing their use with renewable energy sources.
At Jaylo, we have a roadmap in place with a very clear objective: to maximize our participation and our ambition to continue to meet the SDGs and the UN Agenda 2030.